Monday, October 31, 2011

C4T #3 Summary

I wasn't assigned Mr. Robo's Blog, "The PE Geek".
In Mr. Robo's post, 10-25-2011, "Discussion Starters" he talks about the use of SMS messaging for educational purposes. Students will receive one 160 character message per day. Sometimes the message would need an immediate response, and other times it may contain the topic of discussion for the next class.

My comment:
Hi, my name is Lindsey Gipson and I am student at the University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class and was assigned to read, comment, and summarize two of your blog posts. I think that the use of SMS messaging for educational purposes is a great idea. My only concern would be for the students who do not have access. I know that in our technologically advanced society the majority of students, have cell phones and their own personal computer. I wish there was a way to ensure that all students had access, and could reap the benefits of technology.

In Mr. Robo's post, 10-17-2011, "Time Lapsed PE", he uses iMotion HD to video his PE class. With this program he is able to capture an image every 5 seconds for the entire 80 minute class. The results are impressive. If you check out the video embedded in his post you will see that movement and physical activity are his number one priorities. I noticed in one of the comments left on this post that another teacher used iMotion HD in their classroom to explain the process of energy production by using stop motion techniques and a whiteboard.

My comment:
What a great way to use iMotion HD! You can definitely tell by the video that movement and physical activity is your number one priority. My creative juices are flowing, thinking of how I will be able to use this for activities in my classroom as well.
http://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1647R-127849

No comments:

Post a Comment