Monday, December 5, 2011

C4K November Summary

On 11-06-2011 I commented on Arjun's post from 10-25-2011 on "Anticipation of the Project". After completion of this project, Arjun has learned a valuable lesson in time management and how to use research tactics to benefit the learning experience. My comment to Arjun on this post:

Hi, my name is Lindsey Gipson and I am student at the University of South Alabama in the U.S. I am currently taking EDM 310 with Dr. Strange, this is a computer/technology class for teachers. We are learning the benefits of using technology in the classroom. I really enjoyed reading your post. From this one assignment you not only learned about the 15th century, you also learned a valuable lesson in time management.

"One of the first lessons I’m able to take away from this project about the 15th century is to not leave everything to the last minute. Early preparation is essential and will give you a better foundation for your research."

Great job! I also find your excitement about diving into the Reformation Project very refreshing. Keep up the good work and stay excited!


On 11-13-2011 I commented on Mrs. Yollis's post, "282- Urban- Los Angeles", from 10-08-2011. She asks, "How is different than your community? And How is it the same?" She also asks, " Have you ever been to downtown Los Angeles?" My comment on Mrs. Yollis's post:

Greetings Mrs. Yollis and Students,

My name is Lindsey Gipson and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class, in Mobile, Al. Currently I am studying to become a high school science teacher. In this class we are learning the importance of technology and ways to use it in our classrooms. This is what has brought me to your class blog.

I must say you guys are extremely impressive! You seem to learn so much and have a great time as well.
In response to the question on your post about Los Angeles, no I have never visited the city. Although, it is definitely on my list of places to see. After reading this I wanted to compare your city of Los Angeles to my city of Mobile. Here is what I found according to the U.S. Census Bureau from 2010.

The population of Los Angeles: 3,792,621
vs.
The population of Mobile:
195,111
The land area of Los Angeles (square miles): 468.67
vs.
The land area of Mobile: 139.11

Wow! My "big city" doesn't seem so big anymore. I can't imagine the traffic. :) Keep up the good work and stay excited about learning!

Thank you,
Lindsey

On 11-20-2011 I posted on Texas's video on the history of the surf board. It was quite interesting my on his post:

Hi Texas! My name is Lindsey Gipson, I am a student at the University of South Alabama. Which is located on the southern coast of Alabama, in the U.S. I found your video very impressive, I had no idea how long surf boards had been around or that they were originally used by fishermen! Awesome job on constructing the video as well. Believe it or not I didn't learn how to do things like that when I was in school, so I am learning now in college and you are doing better than me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment