Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post 4

To be completely honest, I wasn't sure what a podcast was until about 20 minutes ago. I listened to Mrs. Edmison's awesome 3rd graders, on Eagle's Nest Radio Episode #3: "Roamin' with Ancient Romans". They were amazing, they spoke clearly and with great enthusiasm. The music that they played during the podcast was perfect. It made me feel like I was traveling through Rome. I don't think that we will incorporate music into our podcast this time. But, I would definitely like to try it out in the future.

In Joe Dale's post: "The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom" I learned a tip that I will definitely use during my teaching career. To use podcasts as a tool to record lectures and posting them on a blog, will come in very handy when students are absent. They can hear the lecture first hand just as if they were in the classroom. One student states that she downloads the classroom podcasts from itunes, then her parents play them through the speakers in the car. What an awesome way to get involved with your child's education!

It's amazing how excited kids are about podcasting. They have fun listening and following along, or creating and learning? Either way seems to be a great approach to teaching in a technologically growing world.

The post Practical Principal by: Scott Elias and Melinda Miller, was great! This proves that technology gives us the ability to work side by side even if we are physically miles apart. How amazing is that? The two principals paired up after Elias was a guest on Miller's podcast in 2007. They have been recording the Practical Principal's podcast ever since. Teachers send in questions for them to answer and they give tips on how to successfully use technology in the classroom. The podcasts are powered by Feedburner and each one has its own topic. This is an awesome resource for teachers.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. We watched the same videos and it was great to see another opinion about them. I agree with you about the Practical Principal video. I thought that was an excellent idea how they exchange ideas about using technology successfully in schools. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to learn that these assignments helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete